“As to methods there may be a million and then some, but principles are few. The man who grasps principles can successfully select his own methods. The man who tries methods, ignoring principles, is sure to have trouble.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
For the uninitiated, please take some time to read my other blog postings, and also peruse this list of the original 33 principles of chiropractic by Stephensen.
For the philosophically-minded-principled-chiropractic-junkies out there, be aware that this is only my attempt at summarizing the practical essence of the 33 principles of chiropractic. This revolutionary way of understanding LIFE and HEALTH and NORMAL cycles was originally set forth by Drs. DD and BJ Palmer and then articulated by Dr. Ralph Stephensen in his 1927 Chiropractic Textbook.
In order to begin living life at a NEW extraordinary level, you need to understand these 7 axioms and then begin living them out. Change can only come after NEW ways of thinking take hold in your mind, NEW attitudes & motivations develop inside you, which will change the things you do, so ultimately there becomes a NEW you…enjoy!
SEVEN AXIOMS OF CHIROPRACTIC PHILOSOPHY Tweet
1. LIFE is intelligently designed and able to heal, adapt, and function in Balance, Harmony, and Ease.
2. Your Innate Life Energy (the inborn power source that makes you alive) uses your brain and nerve system to send its life-giving messages (mental impulses) to coordinate / organize / direct all the functions of life…so you can live at EASE and adapt better to stress in your environment.
3. Every cell in your body needs a clear neurological connection to the brain in order to function optimally. A reduction OR partial LOSS of this vital brain-to-body connection diminishes the flow of life-giving messages…this state of LESS life energy in the body is called subluxation.
4. The results of an incomplete connection to your life energy are: incomplete adaptation, disharmony, imbalance, DIS-ease, and altered cellular function.
5. Every single Symptom, Sickness, Syndrome, Disorder, Dysfunction, and Disease known to man results from Altered Cellular Function, LOSS of Coordination & Organization, and a Decreased Ability to fully Adapt to Stress.
6. Because of the intimate relationship between the SPINE and NERVE SYSTEM, the spine must maintain proper alignment and balance for the nerves to maintain proper tone and function. A Specific Scientific Chiropractic Adjustment can improve spinal function AND restore your brain-to-body neurological CONNECTION.
7. The natural result of maintaining a clear connection between brain & body is: LIFE more at EASE.
We expect MORE coordination, balance, harmony, cellular homeostasis, healing & improved health, optimal function, and an on-going movement toward wellness and wholeness.
You can be happy, healthy, and whole again!
In fact, this vibrant energetic new way of life is normal and expected once CONNECTION is restored and maintained over time. If this sounds too good to be true OR if these BIG IDEAS are just too simple to accept at face value, forgive me…and don’t shoot the messenger! ;o)
“We hold these truths to be self-evident…”, easy enough for children to understand, and quite liberating for open-minded adults of all ages.
TRUTH and revolutionary concepts are often found in small simple things.
VITALISM may be a NEW concept, but go ahead and grab ahold of it…
THINK about life for awhile.…
…Then make a Change!
While many of chiropractic’s “7 axioms” may be difficult (if not impossible) to quantify using the scientific method, they are intuitive and straight forward enough that anyone can begin to live life this way…without fear, naturally, holistic, more hopeful, and healthier.
If you are asking, “HOW CAN I LIVE THIS WAY?”
… … …
Contact me for more information – CALL and ask the doctor – TODAY!
Genesis Chiropractic of Bentonville, AR – 479.696.8000
Doctor JWB of NWA can help you Revitalize Your Life.
… … …
If you are interested in more reading on this subject, check out the following info. and links:
Dr. David Koch has developed an updated (contemporary language) categorized version of these 33 timeless truths. You may enjoy reading the logical flow in the NEW “Koch sequence of the principles.”
For a more “orthodox” viewpoint on the 33 principles of chiropractic, you may be interested in some of the ideas I learned from Dr. Rick Burns while I was a student at Palmer. Burns is one of the best professor/teacher/chiropractors I know, and a phenomenal example of a principled philosopher who is also an active practitioner through his clinic in East Moline, IL.
My own writings include:
+ upper cervical blog by Dr. Jason Blackketter
+ this blog’s postings on Vitalistic Chiropractic,
+ my “senior year” personal philosophy paper while I was at Palmer,
+ an award winning essay I wrote a few years ago for the FSCO,
+ and finally another essay I was nominated to write about the “Role of Chiropractic Philosophy” in my professional career and personal life.
I must give Dr. Victor Strang a public “thank you” for introducing me to many of these concepts while I was a student at the Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, IA. And I would be remiss without giving one last recognition to Dr. Kevin Donka for helping me refine my own thots about Vitalism, normal function, and moving toward wholeness through Chiropractic.
Design and development by Patrick Flanagan